Schools Direct Places 19/20
TRAIN TO BE A TEACHER IN A WALTHAM FOREST SECONDARY SCHOOL 2019-20
The Waltham Forest Teaching School Alliance, a partnership of secondary schools across Waltham Forest, are delighted to offer a range of subjects for in school teacher training on the School Direct Tuition Fee route. Trainees work alongside highly experienced classroom practitioners and spend the majority of their training in school, completing two placements in contrasting schools within the partnership. Willowfield School leads on the application process on behalf of the Alliance.
Willowfield is a former Training School and a UCL, Institute of Education Specialist Partner in Initial Teacher Training we have significant experience in working with our trainees to move them rapidly into becoming outstanding teachers and leaders of the future. We also hold the Professional Development Platinum Award from UCL, the Institute of Education. Many of our trainees now hold positions in middle and senior leadership roles in local schools. Our work is supported by Walthamstow School for Girls Teaching School along with the other secondary schools across Waltham Forest who offer a wealth of high quality support and training for those new to teaching. We support our trainees to gain employment in local schools and continuing support and professional development pathways.
Our School Direct training is delivered in partnership with UCL, The Institute of Education (University of London) and the University of East London.
School Direct Training Route
A full time Post Graduate Certificate of Education course with QTS awarded at the end.
1 year in length from September 2019.
Secondary School Direct Places
- Biology (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NN IOE
- Art and Design (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NQ IOE
- Design Technology (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NW UEL
- English (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NM IOE
- Maths (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NJ IOE
- Geography (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NL IOE
- Music (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NR IOE
- History (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NK IOE
- Food Technology (Non-salaried) 36NT UEL
- Physical Education (Non-Salaried) 36NS UEL
- Citizenship (Non-Salaried) 36NP IOE
Financial Incentives for the Academic Year 2019-20
- Degree classification: 2:2 or above
- The degree must be in related academic subject area
- Grade C/Level 5 or above in GCSE English and Mathematics (or equivalent http://www.equivalencytesting.com)
- Trainees will be required to pass the skills tests before starting the course. This will need to be completed by August 2018 at the latest.
- School experience (e.g. observation or previous work as a TA) before applying to the course is highly recommended.
The application process will be open from October 16th 2018 through the UCAS Teacher Training online application system UCAS Teacher Training:
Further information about the School Direct routes into teacher training can be found at: http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/school-based-training/school-direct
Candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited to interview at one of the Alliance schools
Please note: Acceptance onto our programme is subject to passing the skills tests by August 2019 and a further interview with either the University of East London or with UCL, the Institute of Education.
If you have any queries, you can contact
For more information about tuition fees and maintenance please visit:
We look forward to your application.