GCSE joy for Willowfield StudentsPosted on: 15/08/2021
Congratulations to our wonderful year 11 students who came to school to receive their GCSE results on 12 August. It was wonderful to see so many smiling faces receiving the well-deserved recognition for their hard work and sacrifice. It has been incredibly difficult for them having to work and complete their courses faced with lockdowns and isolations, disrupting the flow of their face-to-face access to teachers. I must salute each and every student for their resilience and fortitude in overcoming such barriers, working so hard and ultimately achieving great results.
I must pay tribute to the amazing staff at Willowfield who worked so hard with our students during such trying times. Our staff were amazing at putting their own concerns and worries aside to provide great learning and teaching opportunities that enabled our students to develop and progress in such different circumstances.
And finally, a huge that you to all parents and carers for your amazing support over the last year. We were a great team!
Our departing year 11 students now move on with love and best wishes from all the Willowfield family, ready to embark upon the next stage of their lives and their learning journey. In this year of all years, the list of students to mention could be endless as they all deserve special mention. I would however like to make special mention and celebrate the achievements of the following students.
Congratulations to the following students for their outstanding results
• Zeeshan Ali – Grade 9 in four subjects, grade 8 in four subjects, and a grade 7
• Riham Aouimer - Grade 9 in three subjects, grade 8 in three subjects, and grade 7 in three subjects
• Mikael Daly - Grade 9 in four subjects, grade 8 in three subjects, and grade 7 in two subjects
• Daniel Iliev - Grade 9 in five subjects, grade 8 in three subjects, and a grade 7
• Sude Karayel - Grade 9 in six subjects, a grade 8, grade 7 in two subjects, and A in additional Maths
• Wasif Khan – Grade 9 in six subjects, a grade 8 and three more high grades including in additional Maths
• Saabir Mahi - Grade 9 in three subjects, and grade 8 in five subjects
• Zaynuabiddeen Sandford – Grade 9 in four subjects, grade 8 in three subjects and grade 7 in two subjects
• Shazil Talal - Grade 9 in four subjects, grade 8 in four subjects, a grade 7, and A in additional Maths
A special mention and congratulations to the following students for their great progress and results
• Freya Kojic
• Zariya Letts
• Mohamed Farahi
• Joseph Gallagher
• Matthew Garcia-Botero
• Saifullah Majid
• Adil Khan
• Leo Tomalin