Schools Direct Places 18/19
TRAIN TO BE A TEACHER IN A WALTHAM FOREST SECONDARY SCHOOL 2018-19
Willowfield Humanities College, along with Walthamstow School for Girls, Kelmscott School, Holy Family Catholic School and Sixth Form and Eden Girls’ School as the Waltham Forest Secondary Schools Partnership are delighted to offer a range of subjects for in school teacher training on the School Direct Tuition Fee route. Trainees work alongside highly experienced classroom practitioners and spend the majority of their training in school, completing two placements in contrasting schools.
Willowfield is a former Training School and a UCL, Institute of Education Specialist Partner in Initial Teacher Training we have significant experience in working with our trainees to move them rapidly into becoming outstanding teachers and leaders of the future. Many of our trainees now hold positions in middle and senior leadership roles in local schools. Our work is supported by Walthamstow School for Girls Teaching School. We support our trainees to gain employment in local schools and continuing support and professional development pathways.
Our School Direct training is delivered in partnership with UCL, The Institute of Education (University of London) and the University of East London.
School Direct Training Route
A full time Post Graduate Certificate of Education course with QTS awarded at the end. 1 year in length from September 2018.
Secondary School Direct Places
- Biology (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NN IOE
- Art and Design (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NQ IOE
- Design Technology (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NW UEL
- English (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NM IOE
- Maths (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NJ IOE
- Geography (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NL IOE
- Music (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NR IOE
- History (Non-Salaried) placements Code 36NK IOE
- Food Technology (Non-salaried) 36NT UEL
- Physical Education (Non-Salaried) 36NS UEL
- Citizenship (Non-Salaried) 36NP IOE
Financial Incentives for the Academic Year 2018-19
- Degree classification: 2:2 or above
- The degree must be in related academic subject area
- Grade C/Level 5 or above in GCSE English and Mathematics (or equivalent http://www.equivalencytesting.com)
- Trainees will be required to pass the skills tests before starting the course. This will need to be completed by August 2018 at the latest.
- School experience (e.g. observation or previous work as a TA) before applying to the course is highly favourable
The application process will be open from October 26th 2017 through the UCAS Teacher Training online application system UCAS Teacher Training:
Further information about the School Direct routes into teacher training can be found at: http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/school-based-training/school-direct
We intend to contact short-listed candidates from December for interviews from January.
Please note: Acceptance onto our programme is subject to passing the skills tests by August 2018 and a further interview with either the University of East London or with UCL, the Institute of Education.
If you have any queries, you can contact
For more information about tuition fees and maintenance please visit:
We look forward to your application.